Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mudroom: Trial Run

Some "country" houses have mudrooms that look straight out of a magazine. You know the kind... with the cute shelves and fresh flowers and fancy garden gloves sitting on the shelf. Something like this maybe...

or this...


But in a REAL "country" house, things are slightly different. We actually bring mud (among other things) into our mud rooms. We have piles of coats and shoes for every person and every type of weather and there is never a shortage of farm "stuff" that makes its way thru the door. So needless to say, we are REALLY looking forward to our spacious new mudroom that is part of the new addition. As I mentioned in my last post, we are still stuck in drywall mode. It looks the same as the last pictures I posted, but that didn't stop my husband from giving it a good 'ole trial run to make sure it would serve our needs. Thus enters this little guy on Sunday morning....


The kids were in charge of making sure he didn't wander off while we were out with mama trying to convince her to go ahead and deliver his little sister! Don't you just love PJ's and cowboy boots?!?!?




Guess the mudroom passed the test and served our needs...for today anyway!

Today I am thankful for:

  1. Precious baby calves and the joy they bring the kids
  2. 40 degree days and sunshine in February
  3. Finding out Ally is promoted to reading at a 2nd grade level!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! That is so heart warming. I love it that you can let a calf into your home (mud room). I hope MaMa decided to deliver the other in a safe manner for her and the calf?
    What a wonderful life you must enjoy. Blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaawwwhhhhh!! Love baby animals! (And cute kids in PJs and boots..*smile*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cow! I first thought it was a dog and then realized its a cow. I'll have to check out your blog and see what other fun things I learn.

    ReplyDelete

Now it's your turn to inspire me....