Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm dreaming of a white.... Kitchen!

Source


Source


Source

We seem to be at a standstill on the house remodel... so close, yet so far. They just need to finish the drywall, paint, floors and trim. Not very much or a WHOLE lotta work! Depends on your perspective (and patience level). Meanwhile, we are trying to make decisions on the kitchen so at the exact point in time when they finish the addition, we can start over and make another mess. It wasn't part of the "original" plan (whatever that was) but it became fairly obvious as we got in the middle of it. As usual, it was spend a little less now and re-do later or just bite the proverbial bullet and get it over with all at once. In the long run, it will be more cost effective and I know we'll love it, but jeesh.... we are about decisioned out. At any rate, in the course of racking my brain for kitchen ideas, I discovered the joy of bing.com image searches. Type in "dream _______ " (insert your favorite room here) and be prepared to be impressed. Granted, our budget and space restrictions might factor in here, but they sure are fun to look at! Bottomline... it's not the design or the budget that makes it a dream. It's the family hustle and bustle, the tiny feet & giggles from riding imaginary horses thru the hall, the precious 45 minutes or so we get when all four of us are sitting at the same table at the same time without distraction for a meal; these are the requirements of my dream kitchen!

Okay... back to reality. Here's what our mess is looking like as of right now:
Laundry Room

Mudroom / Storage / Commons Area

Upstairs - Arch to bathroom

Upstairs - bedroom


Hopefully I will have some "after" pictures in the VERY NEAR FUTURE. Keep your fingers crossed... or better yet, come over and help!
My thankful three:
1) I'm thankful for healthy kids. I can handle ear infections and strep throat all day and night when I think of all the other horrible things out there in this world that other parents are dealing with at any point in time.
2) I'm thankful for farm life....calving season is lurking around the corner!
3) I'm thankful for my amazing husband who does laundry & dishes, cooks, takes kids to the doctor and heifers to the vet all on his day off!
Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I could provide a laugh over my "crappy" post.

    My boyfriend bought a house that is being remodeled. I'm about decisioned and patienced out too. It wasn't so bad in the beginning but the stress of it all is up there now. I'm hoping to move in 2 weeks but I've been saying that for 2 months now. If you're interested in the pictures (there's not a log of blogging) the site is www.carterscasa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Now it's your turn to inspire me....