Friday, November 11, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

Fall means all sorts of great things but one of my favorites is pumpkins.  We generally don't carve many beacause they last so much longer when you set them out whole, but this year was different.  A friend of ours invited us to their annual pumpkin carving party!
Here is the before with most of the kids and their pumpkin of choice!  You should have seen their excitement!!


The only requirements were to bring your own pumpkins and to have FUN!  The kids really got into the cleaning part.  What could be more fun than sticking your hands in gooey, slimey, sticky stuff?


After looking at the pictures, it is beyond me why we gave all these little kids knives to play with but they were under close supervision at all times!  And I think the host was prepared with a very large first aid kit!!


I'm happy to report no children were harmed in the filming of this activity.  However, I can't say the same for the pumpkins!!


And the best part... the AFTER pictures!!  They were so proud of their pumpkins!  I don't know who was cuter... the kids or the pumpkins!


Gotta have a "crazy" photo!  Thanks so much to Kelsey & family for hosting such a fun day!  And yes... we did this before Halloween but I'm a little behind on my blog.  They were too cute not to share even if I'm late!!  Besides... pumpkins never go out of style in my book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn to inspire me....