Friday, April 23, 2010

Today I ran....

If you read my previous post, you saw that one of my "things to be thankful for" was the chance to possibly get a run in while my youngest was in preschool. Par for the course this month, my work schedule, the rain, and lack of time in general were all against me. As the day shaped up, I pretty much gave up the idea AGAIN, and figured eventually I would get back to running someday. But what do you know?!?! The stars must have been aligned just right because things went smoothly at work and when I got back to town, I still had an hour before preschool let out. So I ran. And ran. And ran. I ran an old 5k route from last summer and then I just kept running til my 60 minutes were up. 5.3 miles in all. It felt so good. Stress melted away. Aches and pains were left around mile 2 or 3. I finished soaking wet (part sweat, part rain) but it felt great. I don't know when I will get another in, but for now, I am proud to say "Today I ran."

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic! We SO need to make time for ourselves. It allows us to be mentally and physically healthier so we can support and care for the ones we love. It's not just for us but for the whole family.
    Great run and good for you. Make sure to do it again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I love running. Its always there when you get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for the unexpected moments AND accomplishments. Sounds like a great run, friend. :-)

    You are on deck for tomorrow's Wednesday Winner post, too!

    ReplyDelete

Now it's your turn to inspire me....