Thursday, February 11, 2010

BEST Birthday Ever...

I am a firm believer that once you hit 21, most years are just another birthday. But this year was special. Not a landmark year or anything, just a special day. I think it has something to do with the age of our kids (4 and 7) and the excitement they have for birthdays regardless of your age! Watching their enthusiasm for life is a great reminder to stop rushing around and enjoy the little things. Easier said than done, I know. But even if I try a little bit each day, I'm making progress. And you all know how much I LOVE progress! These are a few things that made my day special (in no particular order):
  • Having Ally wake up smiling and singing "Happy Birthday" to me while she was still laying in bed. Note: Ally does NOT wake up easily in the mornings and getting a smile first thing is DEFINITELY a stretch so this rare occasion set the happy mood for the whole day!
  • Flowers from the hubby. Enough said.

  • Lunch with just the hubby (even though I had to buy!)
  • Having Nathan insist that he pick out his very own gift for me and that he wanted to wrap it all by himself. I LOVE my new coffee mug. Suits me, don't you think??
  • Having an excuse to go to town first thing so I could get my Grande sized non-fat Vanilla Spiced Chai Latte. Gotta love me a good latte!
  • Phone calls, e-mails, and facebook wishes from friends and family all over the country. Reminds me that I should take time to chat with those folks more often!!!
  • Having Ally take her very first "message" from a phone call while we were outside. She neatly wrote down everything the lady told her and spelled everything almost perfect. I was sooooo proud of her! Not sure when she got so big on me!
  • Having 25 minutes of alone time to go run a quick 2.5 miles (even though the last thing Nate said to me was... "You shouldn't go runnin' off when it's your birthday").
  • Homemade birthday cards from the kids.
  • Oh... and did I mention we have some PAINT?!?!?!? There's that PROGRESS again that I love so much! Hoping to see a lot of it this week! Happy Birthday to ME!!!


What did you do today that made it special?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated!!! It looks as though you had a wonderful birthday! Kids make it so fun, don't they? your sound so precious! And that mug! Great job buddy! Score! And the flowers are beautiful!!

    Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

Now it's your turn to inspire me....