Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving... Counting your blessings!

Food, Family, and Fun. What every Thanksgiving should be about. This year we made the 3 hr road trip to Gail's sister's house. It was a blessing to spend the day with a four generation span of family. I was reminded of the excitement of firsts having a new baby in the family, the excitement of wedding planning with two new fiances in the family, and the blessing of having grandparents there to share it with.
Thanksgiving is always a good time to stop and reflect just how lucky we are, so catching up on my Thankful 30 list this month...
  • Day 20 - My babysitter. She is a blessing, a saint, an angel, and every other wonderful description you can think of. We are blessed to have such a great family looking after our kids when we can't. They are like an extension of our family and we love them for it!
  • Day 21 - Wildlife. It is abundant around here and sometimes we forget how lucky we are to see it so routinely. I took this photo of a buck when I was driving to work the other day.

  • Day 22 - Texting. With the race we all live in everyday, it's nice to be able to take 3 seconds to send a message that just says hi but really means "You are in my thoughts and I luv ya!"
  • Day23 - Digital Cameras. I've been working on a big Christmas project at work and I have a zillion old pictures to scan into the system. Made me realize how great digital cameras are and how easy they make sharing special moments in life!
  • Day 24 -My mother-in-law. Sounds funny to call her that. I just think of her as a second mom I've been blessed with. Here she is with her great grandson Caden. It was so much fun watching them interact.

  • Day 25 - Turkey Day Food. We had enough to feed an Army and still have leftovers yesterday. We are so blessed to have so much. Not to mention we are blessed to have some pretty darn good cooks in the family!
  • Day 26 - Kids. Right now they are trying to use the self-timer on the digital camera to take a photo of the two of them. It's hilarious to watch them try to beat the timer and then race back to see how it turned out. They have also lined up all the baby dolls, tractors, and stuffed animals to take a "family portrait" of them. I think Lori took too many pictures yesterday and now they are addicted!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and find yourselves as blessed as we feel that we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn to inspire me....