Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thankful 30: Day 6 - My big brother

Today it's my brother's birthday so I was thinking about him and how much fun we used to have. Growing up, we were always great friends. It seems like we seldom fought (although my parents might have another version). I remember people sometimes mistaking us for a couple because "there is no way two siblings could get along as well as you two do!". He always drove me to school before I was old enough to drive and he was my biggest fan at many events. We played in the dirt, practiced basketbal for hours on end, did all our 4-H stuff together, rode motorbikes and snowmobiles, and of course chopped wood. Time, distance, and busy lives has allowed us to drift apart over the years but deep down I know that rare connection is still there. So today... I'm thankful for having the best big brother a little girl could ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn to inspire me....