Thursday, October 15, 2009

Jogger's Blog


Have you ever done anything just to see if you could? Well... that's just what I did this summer. I had a few over-achieving friends that had taken up the silly sport of running for some odd reason, so I thought I'd give it a try just to see if I could. I've never been a long distance runner (not even in my school days!) so it seemed a little out of reach. I can remember trying it out just by trying to jog (ie walk fast!) up the little hill last spring after doing chores. Needless to say, I was so out of shape I could hardly make it to the barn and believe me, it's NOT that far! So I kept plugging away a few yards at a time (literally) until I was doing a mile. I distinctly remember proudly announcing that I can jog the whole mile south of our house and only had to stop to walk up the big hills. I was soooo proud! Well, I kept at it and actually ran 3 different 5k races (3.1 miles) this summer. So if I can do this, ANYONE can!!!

Here's my tally since I starting tracking my progress:

June - 36.8 miles
July - 33.1 miles
Aug - 26.5 miles
Sept - 29.1 miles.. do the math... that's over 125 miles total! WOW!

And my 5k race times:
6/13/09 - 34:07
7/4/09 - 31:31
9/26/09 - 29:00 woohoo!!

I am making this entry for the sole purpose of trying to motivate myself to get going again. I have run a big ZERO miles since my last 5k. Not sure if it's lack of time, motivation, energy, or what but I don't like it. Maybe if I know the world has access to this (even though I only have 1 follower!!) I will get my butt in gear!!! I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn to inspire me....