Thursday, January 27, 2011

Kitchen Reveal - BEFORE AND AFTER!!!


We finally finished our house remodel after 18 months of destruction, construction, and general mess. What a relief it is to come home and not clean up saw dust and drywall mess. We haven't got curtains and artwork, etc... back up but we are getting closer to being done! Thought I would share some kitchen before and after photos. It's still remarkable to me and hard to believe the transformation it made!



Here are a few early photos from when I first rented the house back in 2000. After Gail and I got married, we did some minor updates to get by until "someday". I believe the beautiful green oven (with matching sink) quit working and that started the whole process. We got rid of the lovely wall paper and put drywall over the old paneling. A new backsplash and countertop did wonders for the look but it was still a TINY little one butt kitchen!



No... we don't let our children climb ladders unsupervised, and yes... that is Allison about 7 years ago!!! Always has and always will be a great helper!!!

Right before tearing out the kitchen...
This shows the old walls that separated the kitchen, living room and laundry area. They are all gone now and it totally changed the look!
Here we are during the destuction phase.... What a mess we lived in for so long. But TOTALLY worth it!
We spent a few months eating out of the new laundry room while the old kitchen was torn out!

And I will leave you with one last shot to drool over. I know I do everyday when I come home. I LOVE LOVE LOVE our new space!

1 comment:

  1. Where did my comment go? I sent one not 5 minutes after you text the other day. I'm sure it's the computer and not the user... I am so envious of the island. My favorite part! I also like the banister on the steps. I see Christmas garland and lights next year. Great job on design and color. I'm still up at night wondering what happened to the old bathroom. Is it still with us?

    ReplyDelete

Now it's your turn to inspire me....