Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ally's Angles... 2012

If you were around here about a year ago, you might recall a little post called Ally's Angles.  It's all about the unique viewpoint my 9 almost 10 going on 16 year old daughter has thru a camera lens.  When I was that age it was all about taking pictures of cats.  Cats sitting... cats standing... cats playing... cats sleeping... you get the idea.  Nothing too exciting.  But this little girl seems to have an eye for the old, the abandoned, the unique, and the antique.  I spend a lot of time telling her to straighten up the camera and just when I think she's lost her mind, she comes up with some pretty cool stuff.  The hardest thing is deciding which one to exhibit when it comes time for the fair.  Below are some of the favorites from this summer...







If you can't read the print, this is an old antique seeding machine made in Richmond, IN.   Considering we found it in the middle of Nebraska, it makes me smile and think of my Hoosier roots!!







Leave a comment and let us know your favorite!!  She ended up picking the shot of the railroad tracks for her 4-H exhibit and won Grand Champion in her division!!  We were sooooo excited about it!  I have to admit my favorite part is just taking an afternoon to road trip with my daughter and seeing where the dirt roads take us.  We can't wait to do it all again next year!  

1 comment:

  1. I think I like the fence post the best. The tracks are super cool but I figured everyone would vote for that one. Way to go Ally! Love that you have his interest.

    ReplyDelete

Now it's your turn to inspire me....